Dawson Security Group, Inc.
Serving The Woodlands and surrounding communities since 1998, Mark and Kathy Dawson founded Dawson Security Group, Inc. on the premise that nothing is more valuable than the safety, security and protection of families and assets.
All of us at Dawson Security Group, Inc. take our jobs very seriously. Our team of extensively trained, appropriately licensed bonded, and fully insured locksmiths, security technicians and support staff, are all committed to the same thing: excellence in workmanship and customer service.
Your Key to Safe and Locks”
Dawson Security Group, Inc. offers a number of services, including the following. Click on a service or icon to learn more.
Affiliations You Can Trust
Medeco Security Center
Allegion Locksmith Partner
Greater Houston Locksmith Association
Texas Locksmiths Association
ALOA Security Professionals Association, Inc.
The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce
Multiple Year Winner
What Sets Us Apart
Local and Trusted
Dawson Security Group, Inc. proudly services Spring, The Woodlands, and surrounding Texas communities, providing business owners and residents with professional lock and security services.
The locksmiths at Dawson Security Group, Inc. are professionally trained and a part of the country’s most reputable locksmith associations and organizations.
Stay safe when choosing a locksmith. Dawson Security Group, Inc. is properly accredited and follows the necessary regulations to ensure the safety of your places and possessions.
Our Happy Customers
See what our customers in The Woodlands, Spring, Conroe, and surrounding Texas areas have to say about Dawson Safe & Lock.
Locks in The Woodlands, TX 77381
“We were very pleased with Dawson Safe and Lock! In the store everyone we spoke with were friendly and professional. In our home, we had James inspecting our doors and locks, making recommendations, and then returning to install what we had chosen. James was very knowledgeable, friendly and professional. We would recommend Dawson Safe and Lock to anyone.”
– Dee B.
Locks in The Woodlands, TX 77381
“James was very professional and personable
I fixed the problem right away with no problems”
– Danny F.
Locks in Magnolia, TX 77354
“Mike was our tech today. We needed a door lock replaced. He always does an excellent and professional job. I’ve previously used Dawson Safe and Lock for our security needs. They always provide 5 Star service.”
– Samuel W.
Want to Read More?
Read more reviews from other satisfied Dawson Safe & Lock
Worked With Dawson?
Leave your own review for Dawson Safe & Lock
Our Latest Posts
The Blog is a great place to learn more about locksmiths and find answers to your locksmith related questions. Read our posts for industry news and helpful information. Visit the Blog or read one of our newest posts below:
George Orwell’s line from his 1984 novel, “Big Brother is watching you,” might not be as futuristic as you may think. Though it’s obviously not Big Brother watching these days, it’s the techie thief or hacker who’s attempting to find ways to steal from you. Your smart home security could be highjacked without you even knowing it, and someone could rifle through your accounts or watch your every move in your home. The professionals here at Dawson Security Group are seeing it more and more here in Spring, TX.
How Does This Work?
It’s definitely nice to be able to control your home’s inside temperature from your smart phone or to be able to program your front-door-lock code for the new plumber from your tablet device. But you do need to take security precautions to protect yourself from hackers. Unfortunately, preventing these hackers from getting in to your home devices isn’t the top priority for home-device manufacturers. So that means it’s up to you to take the necessary steps to protect yourself.
In your home, you may have several Internet of Things (IoT) devices––a network of devices such as cameras, home appliances, or physical devices that are able to connect and exchange data via the internet. Hackers are now able to hack into these IoT and do as they please. Smart home security is especially a hot trend, since they can hack into your smart home security camera and watch your comings and goings. And then once they’re in to one device, since all your smart devices are connected via your router and the internet, they can make their way into all of them. But don’t feel there’s nothing you can do about it or let this deter you from installing smart home security. There are steps you can take to protect yourself.
What to Do About It
Here are some steps you can take, recommended by many security experts, that can help protect you and your home:
1. Secure your wireless network. If you’re still using the old Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) protocol, change it to the Wi-Fi Protected Access II (WPA2) protocol. The WEP is easily hacked though it’s still widely used.
2. Change default passwords and user names. Don’t use the manufacturer default passwords and user names that come with your routers and smart devices. Hackers are adept at breaking into those, since they’re manufacturer issued. Name your network something not identifiable directly to you, like “Bakery Bus” instead of “Smiths Domain.” And come up with a password that is complex, using a combination of capitalized letters, numbers, and symbols, again not identifiable to you. Be sure to change your change your passwords regularly as well. Maybe stick with a few that you rotate on a regular basis.
3. Create two or more different Wi-Fi networks (if your router can handle that). Use one network for all your smart home devices and the other for all computers, smartphones, and tablets. Keeping these devices separate can keep your shopping, general web use, and banking information separate from your smart devices, making it that much tougher for would-be hackers.
4. Regularly manage software updates. Unfortunately, the manufacturers of smart home security devices aren’t going to regularly notify you of their software updates. That’s your job. So be sure to check their sites on a regular basis for updates, and then take the time to install them.
5. Install security software wherever possible. Try to install security software on mobile devices used to control IoT devices. Hackers would rather go through an app on your device to get to your garage-door opener or doorbell video camera than hack into the device itself. It’s easier.
Of course these are just a few of the most widely recommended tips for securing your smart home security devices from hackers. There are definitely more steps you could take to protect yourself. Our Dawson Security Group professionals can help you take the necessary steps to keep your home and information safe. Call us at 281-364-0500 anytime to start the process.
Need Locksmith Service?
Contact the experts!
Dawson Security Group, Inc. offers business and homeowners residential, commercial, key, safe, lock, in-house auto, electronic, and hardware services at their location in The Woodlands and in surrounding Texas communities. Visit the service area page to learn more. For questions and service, call us at 281-364-0500 or request service online.