Dawson Security Group, Inc.
Serving The Woodlands and surrounding communities since 1998, Mark and Kathy Dawson founded Dawson Security Group, Inc. on the premise that nothing is more valuable than the safety, security and protection of families and assets.
All of us at Dawson Security Group, Inc. take our jobs very seriously. Our team of extensively trained, appropriately licensed bonded, and fully insured locksmiths, security technicians and support staff, are all committed to the same thing: excellence in workmanship and customer service.
“Your Security First,
Your Key to Safe and Locks”
Contact Dawson Security Group, Inc.
Dawson Security Group, Inc. offers a number of services, including the following. Click on a service or icon to learn more.
Affiliations You Can Trust
Medeco Security Center
Allegion Locksmith Partner
Hayman Premier Dealer
Greater Houston Locksmith Association
Texas Locksmiths Association
ALOA Security Professionals Association, Inc.
The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce
Multiple Year Winner
What Sets Us Apart
Local and Trusted
Dawson Security Group, Inc. proudly services Spring, The Woodlands, and surrounding Texas communities, providing business owners and residents with professional lock and security services.
The locksmiths at Dawson Security Group, Inc. are professionally trained and a part of the country’s most reputable locksmith associations and organizations.
Stay safe when choosing a locksmith. Dawson Security Group, Inc. is properly accredited and follows the necessary regulations to ensure the safety of your places and possessions.
Our Happy Customers
See what our customers in The Woodlands, Spring, Conroe, and surrounding Texas areas have to say about Dawson Safe & Lock.
Safes in Spring, TX 77482
“We appreciate the help we got with our safe. Any time we have difficulty we’ll be sure and call you.”
– Fred H.
Keys in Conroe, TX 77385
“David not only rekeyed the locks and made new keys in a quick professional manner ; he made all the locks much easier to operate. He also advised of things I could do to make the house safer. He was very knowledgeable, courteous and pleasant to deal with. I would highly recommend him to anyone.”
– Ron F.
Keys in Spring, TX 77386
“Everything was great. Answered all questions and got everything sorted out. Good call.”
– CHARLOTTE J.
Want to Read More?
Read more reviews from other satisfied Dawson Safe & Lock
Worked With Dawson?
Leave your own review for Dawson Safe & Lock
Our Latest Posts
The Blog is a great place to learn more about locksmiths and find answers to your locksmith related questions. Read our posts for industry news and helpful information. Visit the Blog or read one of our newest posts below:
Most of us believe when we travel and stay in hotels, our valuables are safe once we’ve locked them in our room’s safe. But, sadly, that’s just not true. Your hotel room safe really isn’t that safe. There are ways to open it without using the combination you set for it, making theft a real and easy possibility. Our security specialists at Dawson Security Group have learned, statistically speaking, most of the thefts involve dishonest employees, and there’s a higher rate of occurrence outside of The Woodlands, TX, and the U.S. on a whole. But it doesn’t hurt to take precautions to protect your valuables all the same, whether your hotel is stateside or not.
Ways to Open Safes Without the Combination
Most hotel room safes have safes with a password combination you set yourself, once you’ve placed your valuables inside the safe. Seemingly this would protect what you’ve just entrusted to the safe, but there are several ways thieves get around the now-locked door:
• All hotels have a backdoor or way to open all the rooms’ safes in the event a guest forgets the newly set code or loses the safe key (for older safes), illustrating that no hotel safe is 100 percent secure.
• There is an inherent factory reset administration password/combination used to override the newly set combination. Oftentimes the hotel neglects to alter this password, so many of the safes can simply be opened by inputting the admin. password. In many cases it’s as simple as all zeros or nines (depending on how many digits the keypad accepts).
• In some hotel safes, there’s a safe-brand-name plate on the front of the safe. By removing one of the screws holding it in place, a hole can be seen underneath it. Using simple tools and a paperclip-like wire, a thief can insert these into the hole and break into the safe in under two minutes.
• There are instances of hotel safes, here in the U.S., being mounted to a top shelf in the closet. Drilled into the bottom of the shelf, thus the safe, is a dime-sized hole. By inserting a sturdy metal dowel or the like, the reset button located inside the safe can be initiated, thereby allowing the thief to reset the code and gain access to the safe.
• In the instance of a smaller safe with a keypad and dial-like handle, there exist ways to simply jiggle the handle while lightly hitting the top of the safe simultaneously, and the safe will open. This trick has been performed time after time with success, showing that anyone can open the safe without any type of tools whatsoever.
What You Can Do to Keep Your Valuables Safe
With this revealing knowledge now, you may wonder what you can even do to keep your valuables safe. In response, our security professionals recommend:
• Either carrying your valuables with you if it’s necessary to bring them along on your
trip or leaving them at home if they’re not necessary
• Locking your valuables in the hotel’s office or main safe, being sure to get a receipt for items left
• Bringing along a combination suitcase lock or laptop cable lock for these items
• Doing some due diligence online to research ideas for secret hiding places amongst
your things to at least hide your money, say in your shoe’s footbed or wrapped in your toothpaste tube
If a theft from your hotel room safe does occur, there’s no way to prove what was taken or who took it, so you’ll most likely never be reimbursed. Our Dawson Security Group professionals recommend using the prevention strategies above instead of trusting your valuables to your hotel room safe. Please call us at 281-364-0500 with any questions. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
Need Locksmith Service?
Contact the experts!
Dawson Security Group, Inc. offers business and homeowners residential, commercial, key, safe, lock, in-house auto, electronic, and hardware services at their location in The Woodlands and in surrounding Texas communities. Visit the service area page to learn more. For questions and service, call us at 281-364-0500 or request service online.